All Ticket Proceeds from THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola donated to the East Lake Foundation
Coca-Cola is entering its seventh year as the presenting sponsor of THE TOUR Championship, a tournament featuring the top 30 players in the PGA TOUR playoffs for the FedEx Cup and one of the most prestigious events in all of golf.
As part of this year’s sponsorship, Coca-Cola is partnering with Kroger to support “Tickets Fore Charity” – an innovative new fundraising program designed to improve the quality of life in communities where PGA TOUR events are held.
Kroger will sell single day tickets to THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola in 134 Atlanta-area stores through Sept. 26. One-hundred percent of the proceeds of every ticket purchased through Kroger stores will be donated to the East Lake Foundation, which collaborates with public and private organizations to offer Atlanta's East Lake residents opportunities to build a better future through education for children and adults, affordable housing, job readiness and connections with the broader community.
“Through ‘Tickets Fore Charity,’ individuals can experience the best of professional golf, while positively impacting the lives of those in need in the East Lake area,” said Scott Tillman, brand operations manager, Coke TM, Coca-Cola North America. “The program is a great way to further extend the positive impact Coca-Cola and THE TOUR Championship have on the local community. Through our support of the East Lake Foundation, we’ve played a role in helping to revitalize a neighborhood in our own backyard, and that’s something we all feel good about.”
“Tickets Fore Charity”
· Single day tickets are available at 134 Kroger stores for the following tournament days and prices:
o Wednesday, Sept. 23: $20 (includes $20 voucher redeemable in the Merchandise Tent on-site)
o Thursday, Sept. 24: $45
o Friday, Sept. 25: $45
o Saturday, Sept. 26: $60
o Sunday, Sept. 27: $60
· One-hundred percent of the proceeds of every ticket purchased through Kroger stores will be donated to the East Lake Foundation.
The East Lake Foundation:
The East Lake Foundation was founded in 1995 on the belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed.
The East Lake Golf Club and THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola have helped revitalize the community and golf has been a tremendous activity for mentoring neighborhood children through The First Tee of East Lake program.
· Web site: http://www.eastlakefoundation.org
The TOUR Championship Presented by Coca-Cola Details:
· THE TOUR Championship features the top 30 players in the PGA TOUR playoffs for the FedEx Cup and one of the most prestigious events in all of golf. This year’s tournament is held from Sept. 23-27, 2009 at East Lake Golf Club.
· Web site: http://www.pgatour.com/tourchampionship
The TOUR Championship Presented by Coca-Cola Charitable History:
· Since 1998, THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola has donated more than $9 million to a variety of local and national charities – including $1.4 million in 2008 alone.
· Primary beneficiaries have been the East Lake Foundation and The First Tee program.
· The PGA TOUR, its sponsors, and tournaments have together raised more than $1 billion for charitable causes across the U.S.